Areas of application of isopropyl alcohol
Isopropyl alcohol is also known as isopropanol, IPA and 2-propanol. Isopropyl alcohol can be mixed with water in any ratio and as an organic solvent, it is widely used in chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology.
The smell of the colorless, volatile and flammable liquid is mostly associated with hospitals. Why? Isopropyl alcohol is found in many disinfectants. Because of the current Covid-19 pandemic, isopropyl alcohol is in greater demand than ever. It not only disinfects and cleans surfaces (at 70% concentration), but also disinfects the skin, acts more effectively against microorganisms than other alcohol, is also gentler on the skin and more skin-friendly than hand-washing preparations.
Isopropyl alcohol is also used in many other areas and offers various advantages:
- As a door lock and car window deicer, a longer hold on the car window and lock is achieved together with glycerin, so that new ice formation is prevented on cold days
- It is contained in cosmetic products as a solvent and diluent
- In quick-drying oils
- In quick drying inks
- In antifreeze in motor vehicles in cooling systems
- As a solvent for resins, ink, grease stains, stickers, rubber, shellac
- As a cleaning agent in industry and in the home as a degreaser for glass, electrical appliances, glasses, displays and screens
Availability of isopropyl alcohol
We offer the following four types of packaging and delivery:
- 160 kg barrel
- 800 kg IBC
- 18,5 mt ISO container
- 23 mt tank truck
Any questions? Please contact me!
Head of BU Performance Chemicals
Phone +49 40 300 501 8012