The product portfolio of TER INGREDIENTS is highly responsive to the needs of manufacturing companies in life science applications. We mainly focus on human and animal nutrition as well as personal and health care ingredients. For the area of product development our experienced application developers, food technologists and engineers work at the highest level to support your decision for the best ingredients.
Intense sweeteners are natural and synthetic compounds that serve as a substitute for sugar and have a significantly higher sweetening factor. The use of intense sweeteners allows for the production of sugar-free products with very low calorie content and excellent flavor.
We offer the following intense sweeteners:
- Acesulfame K (synthetic, about 200 times sweeter than sugar)
- Aspartame (synthetic, about 200 times sweeter than sugar)
- Sodium cyclamate (synthetic, about 30-40 times sweeter than sugar)
- Sodium saccharin (synthetic, about 450-500 times sweeter than sugar)
- Neohesperidin DC (obtained from the bark of the bitter orange, about 1800 times sweeter than sugar)
- Saccharin (synthetic, about 300-700 times sweeter than sugar)
- Stevia (natural, about 70-450 times sweeter than sugar)
- Sucralose (synthetic, calorie-free and about 600 times sweeter than sugar)
Intense sweeteners are used in diet sodas, diet fruit juices, fruit concentrates, confectionery, chewing gum, dairy products, canned food, sweetener tablets, diabetic products, as well as in the feed and pharmaceutical industries.